Apologies for the instability. I'm still working on phpBB extensions, and have broken the code multiple times. Guests may now post in the "Welcome & Introductions" forum, and othe other forums should now allow posting for registered users. Please do let me know if things aren't working for you. Image uploads are working, as is YouTube embedding (no code required - just post the YouTube link in the body of a message). Thank you for visiting Inyo Space!

Why to the dables ONLY wiggle between these two poles?

Community forum for Bishop, California.
biffnix
Site Admin

Why to the dables ONLY wiggle between these two poles?

Post by biffnix »

Okay, I see this phenomenon from time to time while walking the dog out behind our house. But, I honestly have no idea why it happens. The cables between these two particular power poles vibrate, and make a rattling sound. But, the cables do NOT rattle between the adjacent poles, or anywhere else along this pole line. There is no wind, no earthquakes, no herds of animals or large vehicles or equipment nearby, so I can't explain why this happens.

I took this video back on December 4, 2023. It's on Mustang Mesa, about nine miles north of Bishop, CA. Odd.

Sure, it's probably ghosts. But if you have a better explanation, I'd love to hear it...