Apologies for the instability. I'm still working on phpBB extensions, and have broken the code multiple times. Guests may now post in the "Welcome & Introductions" forum, and othe other forums should now allow posting for registered users. Please do let me know if things aren't working for you. Image uploads are working, as is YouTube embedding (no code required - just post the YouTube link in the body of a message). Thank you for visiting Inyo Space!

Visited Sky Rock on Indigenous People's Day

Shutterbugs, share your favorite photos here!
biffnix
Site Admin

Visited Sky Rock on Indigenous People's Day

Post by biffnix »

I had a chance to visit the famous Sky Rock petroglyph on Indigenous People's Day (10/09/2023). I haven't been before, and it was as impressive as I had heard.

It is a little difficult to photograph, though. You're not allowed to climb on the petroglyph rock itself, so to get a photo of the whole thing, you've got to climb a big boulder above it, and that's pretty hard for a guy my age. I did manage it, and took this spherical projection panorama. Enjoy!
Panorama of Sky Rock petroglyph
Panorama of Sky Rock petroglyph
AdventureVet

Re: Visited Sky Rock on Indigenous People's Day

Post by AdventureVet »

Great photo. Thank you and congrats for the successful adventure.
biffnix
Site Admin

Re: Visited Sky Rock on Indigenous People's Day

Post by biffnix »

Thanks. In 25 years, and living so close to it, I had never actually been there myself. It's a very special location, and I was able to be there for sunrise, watching the Sierra light up from that ridge, was amazing.